Cats can suffer from hair loss, just like humans. There are many conditions and diseases that cause hair loss. Some of these conditions or diseases can either be considered normal or serious.
- Allergic to food, insect’s bites, medicines, dust or pollen
- Fleas, mites, lice, and ticks
- Fungal Infections
- Harsh Chemicals in Shampoo or Conditioner
- Stress and anxiety
- Obsessive licking
- Bad Chemicals being used in cleaning pet areas
- Arthritis – licking on the site of pain
Some solutions and changes can be made in order to help keep your cat’s environment clean and bacteria free. Along with the products you use to groom your cat, such as a pH balanced cat shampoo, daily grooming spray to support fur growth and reduce irritations with safe natural & organic ingredients.
If you ever find that a cat is suffering from hair loss, yet they seem fine, it is still important to take them to the vet so they can be properly diagnosed. Some conditions such as a bacterial infection, will not always provide symptoms, making it vitally important to take the cat to the vet to be treated.