Simbae proudly partnered with Non-profit organization Rescue Paws, which actively seek to provide animal relief, targeting the stray animal problem in the Hua Hin region of Thailand.
About Rescue Paws
Rescue Paws is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of stray animals in Thailand.
From humble beginnings in 2013 as a feeding program, Rescue Paws officially came into existence during May 2014, when avid supporters XploreAsia based in Thailand, and The Global Work & Travel Co. based in Australia, generously made funds available to erect kennels and equip a basic clinic.
Based on temple grounds in the authentic Thai village of Khao Tao in the Hua Hin district just south of Bangkok, our facilities include 12 kennels, a playpen area and a small clinic to perform surgeries.
From these premises we coordinate and conduct all sterilizations, vaccinations, parasite treatments, veterinary care and rehabilitation for abandoned, mistreated stray animals, and from where we venture out to surrounding villages to conduct fieldwork.
About the Rescue Paws Team
Rescue Paws is operated by a small team of full-time staff and a group of volunteers who carry out day-to-day activities. While some volunteers are trained animal care specialists, volunteer vets, and vet students, others are inexperienced but passionate animal lovers seeking a unique travel-abroad experience.
- Hanli Engelbrecht – Operations
- Paang Prakii – Director
- Mor Aye – Resident Vet
Facing challenges such as limited funding and education, the Buddhist aversion to euthanasia and the general lack of coordinated animal population control efforts, Thailand faces an epidemic challenge with an ever-growing number of stray animals living in desperate conditions – most are in dismally poor health and reproducing at an alarming rate.
Our primary objective at Rescue Paws is to stabilize and eventually reduce the stray animal population over time, through sterilizations.
Rescue Paws also facilitates local and international adoptions; encourages and promotes respect for animals, pet care and animal welfare by means of comprehensive educational campaigns in local communities and schools; and fosters local & global civic engagement by actively engaging volunteers from all across the world and developing local stakeholder participation.
Rescue Paws Programs
- Feeding runs around Hua Hin. This happens on a daily basis and is also used as an opportunity to monitor the development of the different packs under our care around Hua Hin.
- Cleaning of the clinic and general maintenance. This means, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing the of the clinic, fixing anything from plumbing to fences, and more.
- Administration of medical care in the clinic and in the field. Serious medical cases are transferred to the medical clinic where we are able to apply significant care, and it’s here where you will be asked to assist our resident vet and animal carer with anything they need. Field medical care is a simple task, but just as important, and involves administration of shots and general medication.
- Office administration. Paperwork, yes this is important and requires constant attention. Making sure the books are kept up-to-date, and our databases are accurate is an important part of keeping the project running smoothly.
- The upkeep of our social media and initiating and developing projects to spread the reach of Rescue Paws as an organization in order to educate and encourage participation in the project.
- Loving and caring for street animals
Rescue Paws also facilitates;
- Local and international adoptions;
- Encourages and promotes respect for animals, animal care, and animal welfare through comprehensive educational campaigns in local communities and schools;
- Fosters local & global civic engagement by actively engaging volunteers from all across the world and developing local stakeholder participation.
Donate to Rescue Paws
Simbae opposes animal testing and offers great product ranges of shampoos, conditioners, cleaning supplies and gift packs for the animals in your life. Rescue Paws has partnered with Simbae for the Help Save a Pet’s Life Project.
Every sale, Simbae donates $2 to local pet charities & animal welfare shelters, so you can help by selecting Rescue Paws as YOUR choice before checkout.
Email: [email protected]